Friday, September 21, 2012

7 days and 7 nights & I will be a MRS.

I've said it a million times "I CANT BELIEVE IM GETTING MARRIED IN A WEEK!" Its crazy to me! 15 months ago it seemed like i had all the time in the world to plan this wedding and now just 7 short days to go and Im still scrambling to get it all done! LOL

Im going to try to do a post a day for the next 7 days to document my very last few days as a single woman!

For this post Im going to give my bits of advice I've learned through out this whole process that I would pass on to another bride:
  • Dont be afraid to loosen the reins and let family and friends lend a hand- Ask my mom, ask Jake, ...ask ANYONE who knows me well and they will tell you Im a DIY queen and I have a hard time trusting others to carry out my vision. Through this whole process when someone asks me if I need help with something I always say "aww thanks! Ill definitely let you know when I come across something I need help with" But in my mind I KNOW that ill end up doing it all by myself. Not because ppl werent gracious enough to ask but because Im just that stubborn! Earlier this week I had a bit of a wedding melt down (an unexpected $200 fee for the venue, a custom wedding band that arrived today and didnt fit (and cant be resized!) and an ever diminishing budget) My mom finally gave me a little tough love, told me I was being stubborn and that I needed to trust her in helping me and I finally 7 days before my wedding have turned over a few last minute details to my loving mother so that I dont have a heart attack before my big day. Moral of the story: Delegate friends/family to HELP you...if they love you, they wont mind!
  • Dont over analyze and dont read too many wedding magazines. Thing I did when I got engaged was buy 5 wedding magazines, sing up for several bridal blogs/forums and started building my pinterst boards! Although all of these gave me great ideas, I found that when I loved something and either couldnt afford it or my DIY of it turned out all wrong...it was a little heart breaking...Unless you have a generous or unlimited budget try not to get your inspiration from $60,000 weddings that had a professional planning from day 1. (maybe this was just me but I wish I had watched a few less, David Tutera wedding shows because at the end I couldnt help but pout and think how my wedding wouldnt be that lovely..:/)
  • Dont stress about the details....and to add to that sometimes too many little details end up being too much detail! Pick a few key aspects that will make a bold statement and go with those. Unless you are going for a VERY unique wedding, I think its best to stick with the classic traditional. Like I said UNLESS you are going for CRAZY UNIQUE!
  • Try to pace yourself when planning and so that the last week of your wedding you can sit back, and marvel in your last week as a single woman and just be excited for the days to come. I wish I could just sit back and relax these last few days.....I can assure you ..thats the opposite of what I'll be doing!!!
XOXO
FROM THE (VERY) SOON TO BE MRS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment