Tuesday, June 19, 2012

30 before 30

 OK..its INCREDIBLY hard to believe I'm going to be 27 next month..which means Ill be 30 in just a smidge over 3 years! HOLY BATMAN!!! I still feel like the red head freckle faced 16 years, driving my little white Honda up and down the streets of my tiny home town listening to Kilo (don't judge my horrible taste in music then!) But as I start to look around it seems everyday someone is getting married and someone is getting pregnant or having a baby and I momentarily think to myself :GASP!: are we old enough to be doing such adult things? And then I see my engagement ring on my left hand and I'm reminded that yes...yes we are! My mom always use to tell me that she felt so young even though she was 40-45 etc. And now I know exactly what she means! The past few years have gone by so incredibly fast and on the inside I still feel the same ( well except maybe my taste for music and boys has changed lol)
 Anyway since I'm approaching my 30's (omg) in a few short years Ive decided to start a bucket list challenge. 30 things I would like to do before I am 30.  I'm not going to pressure myself to do things that lets be honest I know can not be done. I simply can NOT afford to go to Greece in the next three years (which Id LOVE to do BTW!) so ill keep my goals realistic and maybe one day Ill be able to afford the more extravagant things.

Here is my list SO FAR (this will probably be a multi post series:)

1. Get married (might as well start with something I KNOW ill be able to check off:)
2. Go on a missions trip with my church
3. Host a dinner party for ALL of our friends at OUR home!
4. To go along with #3 Ill add own a home to my list :)
5. Get healthier..this means start and stick to a work out regimen... thinking lifestyle change.
6. find a job that would allow me to work from home one day (maybe selling Thirty-one?)
7. Have a baby..no pressure God but I REALLY REALLY want to start a family before 30 mmk?
8. Go on a girls trip (one with my girlfriends and one with just my mom and two sisters)
9.attempt to try out vegetarian-ism (is that a word?)...at least for a week
10. plant a garden (hopefully we have a home with a nice backyard

That's all I have for now! Thanks to Kelly's Korner for giving me this idea. If you get a chance head on over and check out her ADORABLE little girls Harper and Hollis!

XOXO
from the soon to be MRS.

No comments:

Post a Comment