I am VERY thankful that Mr. Wonderful loves it when I decided to try a new recipe!...even when those recipes turn out to be a recipe FAIL! :) I'm happy to announce that this wasn't one of those times and Mr. Wonderful really enjoyed the recipe I made tonight!
I found the recipe on pinterst (where i find most of my recipes these days!) via www.realmomkitchen.com
OVEN CHICKEN FAJITAS!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
- Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve on tortillas with desired toppings.
The next time I make this meal I will tweek it just a tad. The biggest thing is we like SPICE and this meal really isn't spicy! Next time I will either dice up a few jalapenos into the mix before baking or I will sprinkle a half packet of HOT taco seasoning over it!:)
If you try this meal let me know what you think and leave a comment below!
Here is a picture of the fajita mixture right out of the oven! It smelled SOO yummy!:)