Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 6 of Honest Blogging

Day 06 — My worst cooking disaster involved _____________ and this person/these people…

OK just to give you some back ground. I grew up in a house where my mom at one point loved to cook! My dad however was a very critical foodie. Not only did he like it perfect, but he was a meat and potatoes guy...and by this I mean he did NOT want to try new foods! He had about 6-7 meals that he REALLY liked and if you went past that...he was not a fan. Therefore my mom quickly got burned out on trying new things and simply went for what pleased dad. Because of this Ive noticed now that I'm cooking for my future husband that when something does go wrong...I FREAK OUT! At first I would be so embarrassed and afraid Jake would be mad because I burned the so and so (its happened so many times I can put a specific thing!) or that if it wasn't very good. But Jake has always assured me that he likes it when I try new things and if they don't turn out right..oh well! He also is great when criticizing food...he will say something along the lines of "this is good , but i think next time if we added so -and-so it would be even better" So I'm saying all of this to say that I haven't had any really horrible cooking experiences that I can think of.  I did one time make pork chops, a few sides and rolls, we sat down, bit into our pork chop...and they were OLD! YUCK! I'm talking sour in your mouth pork chops...not so yummo! I amazingly managed to not get mad and we simply had to go grab fast food! eeehhh..what are you gonna do right?

Lesson? Don't let something like a bad meal ruin your day..sometimes (especially) if you're making a meal with your SO and it turns out bad..it actually ends up being a very funny moment and you can just add it to the memory bank" I love sitting with Jake and talking about "hey remember when this happened or that happened?" and laughing...this is real life people sometimes sour pork chops happen!

XOXO,
soon to be Mrs. (in 94 days to be exact!) ::SCREAM::

No comments:

Post a Comment